HUNIWOOD | Hungarian Film Festival Berlin brings the very best of most recent Hungarian cinema to the Berlin public with
• recent films of internationally renowned, award-winning directors and young talents such as Oscar winner László Jeles-Nemes (Son Of Saul), recent Karlovy Vary debuts Virág Zomborácz (Afterlife) and Gábor Reisz (For Some Inexplicable Reason), and many others
• acclaimed animation and short films
• visionaries of documentary
• a rich and diverse program featuring
16 recent fiction feature films (Curated by Bori Bujdosó, filmcritic)
10 recent feature documentaries (Curated by Bojána Papp, documentary filmmaker)
10 unforgettable masterpieces remembering Hungary’s 1956 Revolution (Curated by Bojána Papp, documentary filmmaker)
10 recent award-winning short films (Curated by Dániel Deák, Daazo.com)
10 recent award-winning animated shorts (Curated by Dániel Deák, Daazo.com)
The actual mission of the HUNIWOOD | Hungarian Film Festival Berlin is threefold:
• founding a stable platform for Hungarian film
• enhancing a more differentiated view on the society of Hungary as well as the dialogue between film-makers of the two countries
• positioning Hungarian cinema as world class by showing its outstanding works and emphasizing its great variety
Most screenings take place in the Babylon (Rosa-Luxemburg-Straße 30, 10178 Berlin, Germany) and at the Collegium Hungaricum Berlin (Dorotheenstraße 12, 10117 Berlin, Germany), everything else will be announced in the event section.
Movies are in original language with English subtitles to reach a diverse, open minded public.